Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Workout Log

What a glorious morning!! It was a brisk 74 degrees this morning. I am so thankful for that!! Susan and I met this morning wondering if we would be able to complete our sprints this morning. It was lightening and sprinkling. It rained pretty hard on my way to her house, but I continued on. I was not about to just give in. Afterall, I have been mentally preparing for all 16 for a few days. It was one reason to not push so hard last Saturday. I started today very strong. I felt great, just my foot hurt. As athletes we tend not to listen to those kinds of things. I probably should, but won't give in. About half way through, Susan started to not feel so good. So she walked 2 and then went inside of her house. She was done. I think she might be getting sick. I decided that I would push through and finish, since last time we did 16 I pooped out. I got through 12 and was seriously doubting whether or not to finish. I sat and took a break; then decided that I would not quit. I have this cooler weather, I really have no excuse. I completed at 16, which was a feat!! As I was finishing the last two, I began to feel God's encouragement raining around me. I knew if I finished slow, I would finish very wet. I made it through the last one in my fastest time, 1:50. As I ran up the hill I just ran straight to the Jeep. It was starting to rain very hard. It is funny what you learn in times like these. I feel strong today because I believe the holy spirit was working in me. I was open to hear the Lord speak today. As the rain is coming down all around me I am reminded of three things: 1) It is during the journey and struggles that you find peace and solice in what you are doing; 2) Preserverence and prayer will always get you through; and 3) God will always be there encouraging you along the path he has set before you. I felt and heard God very clearly this morning. Even if I don't feel like I am making progress, I am. In my pain, struggles and defeat I am being built by God to carry on. He has given me the strength and spirit to push forward toward the prize. My work is not done yet. Susan, thank you for giving me the encouragement to begin running again. I have been through a ton of changes since last July, and I want you to know that I might not have arrived to this point had not been for your persistence in running with me. I truely treasure our friendship. Thank you!!
Blog on friends!!

No comments: