Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Thoughts

Not that I have already attained, or am already prefect, but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Jesus has also laid before me. I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forget those things which are behind me and reach forward to those things ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one person will receive the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it (the prize). Therefore I run, not with uncertainty. Thus I fight, not as one who beats the air. I will discipline my body and bring it into subjection...
1 Corinthians 9:24-27


I have to remember that even though I may have been having a couple of months worth of bad, uncomfortable, miserable, and painful training runs, I am running a path that God has set before me. I will press on and run with certainty that this is where I am supposed to be. I will let go of the bad runs and look forward to chasing the prize. God has given me the tools necessary to complete the race with success. I need to remember that when I am beating myself up as I run. I can do it. I will do it. I will press on!!

Blog on friends!!

No comments: