Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Running Log

Today Susan and I made the trek to Ft. Worth to run 13 miles. We were so adventureous in thinking we needed to run in the heat to prepare to a race coming up on July 23rd. That must have been one of the most rediculous ideas we have had in a while. We made it 10 miles and then stopped. Well actually, we made it about 6 before we turned our over eager bodies back around to walk back to the car. What were we thinking? Sounded like a great idea when we were planning it. Haha. I was so hot. I had a tough time breathing in full breaths. My legs were uncoordinated and clumbsy. I was very frustrated. I still am. I am fully focused on getting fitter and faster. It is very difficult. As you can see by my caloric intake!! Yikes!! The good news is that we walked 4 miles out of the 10, and still managed to keep an eleven minute mile!! The heat stinks, we always run really well in Ft. Worth and probably would have again but the heat just killed us!! I burned 773 calories running and 515 calories walking (1288calories total). Better running coming soon, I just know it!! We are making slow steady progress. I will remain committed and positive. Also, slimmer body COMING SOON!! Haha!!

No comments: