Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Dreams

As I am watching the launch of the Discovery shuttle this morning I am reminded of childhood dreams. I remember wanting to be an astronaut. I covered my walls with pictures of past missions, research and space shuttles. I owned a picture of earth from orbit and still today I believe is one of the most beautiful sites I have ever layed eyes on. As the years pass my dreams of being an astronaut have faded but dreams of achieving the impossible has not. I am a perpetual optimist. I believe that someday there will be world peace, that there won't be a difference in skin color or socioeconomic level, and there will be enough food to feed even the poorest of people. I am blessed with a wonderful family, loving husband, and several modes of employment that I love. I believe the very best is yet to come. Dream big, my friends, if we as a human race can send a 400 million pound shuttle into space than we can do ANYTHING we set our minds to do. I start today off with a renewed perspective. I encourage all of you to do the same. The enormity of what took place this morning is yet to be known, but as I said before the best is yet to come.
Blog on friends!

No comments: