Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Training Log

Today was very comical at best. We were scheduled to run 15 miles. Richard, Susan and I started our trek at 5AM. We were all slow to run, so we walked the first 2 miles. We have not done that in forever!! Susan is telling us about this dream she had about a psychic last night. The psychic told her that she would not have a good run. We all laughed it off. Just before we start running, we all are "gearing up" and getting our MP3 players ready. All of the sudden, Susan's shouts out. Her IPOD was not working. She kept saying that it was a "tragedy" that her IPOD broke, and that she could not run without it. Luckily we were only two miles from Susan's house. She decided to leave Richard and I to go get Micheal's IPOD (her husband's). Richard and I take off. Susan calls us at mile 5. That was the last we heard of her, for a while. We, Richard and I, run the first like 5 or 6 miles, then begin walking. I was having a tough time, so we decided to continue walking. We walked for a few miles. At around mile 8 or so we decided to run again. We ran up this huge hill near Wellington. We made it through Wellington, but as we entered Bridlewood, I had to stop. It was getting hot and I am worn out at this time. I had to stop. Richard went on so that he could get to church on time. As I am sitting there I get really dizzy, so I lay down. We are in the middle of a training run and I am lying down. Haha. When I feel better, I get up. I think to myself, the only way to the prize, is through the discomfort. I start walking and running a little, but mostly walking. I happed to look behind me and low and behold it is Susan. She is totally moving. Good for her. I stopped to let her catch up. She looked worn out. Turns out she did not run the route we scheduled, she was going to go backward to catch us. Well she missed the turned and passed us. Anyway we met up near the end. Thank goodness that is over with!!

14.5 miles
3 hrs 10 minutes
2133 calories burned
pace for the whole thing: 13:06

No comments: