Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Mission Possible

Okay, so today was our 3 mile tempo run. I had said yesterday, last night, that I wanted to finish in 27 minutes. I can definitely say mission accomplished!! We all completed the tempo run in under 27 minutes!! I finished in 25:13, Richard finished in 25:21, and Susan finished in 25:41 to be exact!! OH MY GOSH!! I have done the impossible! Well, maybe not impossible, but something I never thought I could do!! I mean really, 3 miles at an 8:30 pace? I remember not so long ago looking at the training schedule and laughing, almost to the point of histerics, thinking "Yeah right, Mrs. 13:30, social running queen will never be able to do this!" I think the only time in my life that I have run faster was when I had to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes for volleyball at TCU. I don't even think I did it then. I wasn't a clock watcher I just knew I couldn't afford to be last since I was a walk on. I am still in shock, 3 hours later. I was able to slip into that place where everthing feels good, no matter how fast you are running!! My breathing was calm and relaxed. In fact I didn't feel out of breath until our walk break!! I was totally in the zone!! How cool! I changed my music on my MP3 player, but only listened to 1 song the whole time!! I just kept repeating it. Poor Susan got sick during the run and kept going!! What a warrior!! She is awesome!! Richard made the comment that his hair has a new part (because we were running so fast). This is particularly funny because he is bald and shaves his head. I can say I will be walking around with a smile today!! I plan to go to yoga this morning and then lead a stretching and yoga class tonight from 8-8:30. So if any of you need some down time to relax and reflect, come on in!! I will be waiting for you!!
Blog on Friends!!

1 comment:

Lucky number 7 said...

Hey sorry about that!! You are so right!! I messed up Richard's time too!! I will change it!