Search This Blog

Monday, August 08, 2005

Farewell, Old Friend


I have had a very rough weekend! Putting Dita down was the hardest thing I have experienced in my adult life so far. She has been my best friend for the last 15 1/2 years. My heart is breaking. I know that it will get better with time. Nikko, the yellow lab, dearly misses her buddy. She seems a little lost with out her friend. Today is the first work day at home without Dita. It is hard to come home and not see her. I know with out a doubt that we did the right thing. It was and still is very hard. I have gone from eating nothing to eating to eating everything. Today is the first day I have worked out since last Friday. I did not run on Saturday. We, my family and I, went SeaDo ing. My arms and back are sore. Nikko and I went for a long walk today, to stay distracted. I did do weights this morning and plan to get back on track on with everything this week!! I will miss my Dita very much. Farewell my friend.

No comments: