Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2005

Food Log 8/26/05

Breakfast:
Smoothie (Same as usual)
1/2 cliff Bar
Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich (With baby spinach)
1/2 peach
Snack:
Way too many peanut butter pretzels!! (They are so good!)
Dinner: Shameful Sonic
Corn Dog
Tater Tots
Dt. Coke with Cherry and Vanilla
Running totals:
Not sure, my husband is hogging the computer with all of my info on it!
I went to watch the Marcus Volleyball team play tonight and although they lost I was so proud to watch the seeds I have planted grow!! All at once, ahhhhhh!! Hahahaha!! It is now very obvious that I am in the wrong field!! I should not be in the clinical area of what I do, I should be in education and coaching. Every year (or at least the one's that end on a sour note such as this past one did) I say that I don't want to coach any more. When really I am so wrapped up in what is going on that I can't see how hurt I am and how badly I want to coach. I walked in the gym tonight and that was all I could think about. I think that God has been telling me this all along. I have just chosen to ignore him. With recent developments in my current position as an exercise physiologist, I am coming to the conclusion that a door is closing and I am being forced to listen. For those of you that don't know, I have been playing around with this idea that I want to coach for oh about 4 or 5 years. I ignored the urge after completing an internship with the University of North Texas Volleyball team. I was so worn out at the end of the season, but all I could think about was what we were going to do during the off season. Due to budget cuts I did not get to return for my 2nd year of the assistantship. I put the idea to coach professionally away and decided that club coaching was enough and that I should try to go for something in the clinical field. And now here we are, 4 years later and all I want to do is coach. I should have gone with my gut. I am going to take steps toward doing this. I am going to have to work my way up. I am not going to just be given this job, I will have to earn it. (And I mean earn it--nothing against 8th graders, that is what age I took to Kentucky--but really start all the way over? You betcha!!) I can do it, I will do it. I am really excited by this idea of going back to school and becoming a teacher and coach!!
Blog on friends!!

**Oh, I will be at a fitness conference all day tomorrow so I may not get to blog very much!! We'll chat later!!

No comments: