Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Please forgive me, for I have not blogged!!

Hello everyone!! I am very sorry I have not blogged in a while!! I am getting back on track right now!! This morning I was greeted with a blarring alarm clock at the insanely early 3:40am!! We must be insane...who else gets up this early to run? Not anyone else I know, oh yea except my dear friends Susan and Richard. Although we did not run with Richard, nor did we see him this morning. Slacker!! Heheheeee!! I was in charge of freezing the water and electrolytes and delivering them to their appropriate spots and be back at Susan's promptly at 4:30am. Yeah right!! I actually had no idea that it would take about 45 minutes to put water out. Anyway, we started around 5am. Too late, I was afraid. It was a rough start, neither of us wanted to actually run this morning. But then who does want to run at that hour? Some of you may be saying, who wants to run period!! After a sluggish start we decided to change our intervals and rotate them so that we end up with a bit more walking. We started with 8:2's and later started rotating them with 5:2's. It was hot from the very begininng. I keep telling myself that if God leads me to it, (heat), then he will see me through it. I actually started feeling good this morning. I was fearful of the heat, but pressed on. I am thinking along the way: WOW, what did I do yesterday to make today feel so good? I am stumped. I felt great though. In fact I did not start feeling bad until I got to Universal Academy on Waketon. The heat was taking it's toll on me!! I was pleasantly distracted though by the balloons. Did you guys know that there was a balloon festival going on? I think maybe I did, but then forgot about it. Funny thing about being tired, you do things without even thinking about it. For instance, all of the fluids I had taken in were demanding to be released. I had to pee and was not going to make it home. Something you all should know about elite runners (I am not putting myself in this category) is that they don't stop to pee. They just go in there pants!! How disgusting!! I cannot and will not ever reach that point!! YUCK!! Anyway, as I was peeing in a not so discreet spot, I noticed a car sitting not too far away. I had just relieved myself in front of a car with a family in it!! Oops!! Well, as the old addage goes, "you gotta do what you gotta do". I can't believe I shared that story. Oh well, forgive me I am human!! Anyway, I cut my distance to 17.5 instead of 19 miles due to the heat. I think it was 90 by 9:00am. Too hot for me. Susan drudged on. You go girl!! I wanted to finish with energy left over and with a hunger to run again!! Well, I achieved that goal today!! I am excited to run again!! I finished the 15.5 (we walked the first 2) in 3:30 (a stellar 13:30 minute mile pace). Looking back after I have recovered a bit, I could have done better. I am in no way disappointed. Actually I am pumped that I feel like I had the ability to go faster and farther. The original goal was to finish today. We achieved both. I plan to keep my eyes fixed on my goal and I know that the rest will follow!! Next week is an even longer run!! I hope to feel this good again!!
Blog on friends!

No comments: