Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Life is too short!!

I have been saying this literally FOREVER!! Today further confirms my belief that life is too short to not shake your booty!! I was at the fitness conference today, loading up on a ton of ideas, and an instructor stole my motto right from my mouth!! If the music makes you want to shake it, why not go ahead and shake it? You know you ALL do this at home when know one is looking!! I am starting to believe that if you shake it on a regular basis you might just lose some weight. Follow me on this idea: You don't need any equipment (heehee), it doesn't matter what size you have or what shape it is in, it makes you laugh (not the looks or your opinion of your booty, just the act of shaking it), which in turn makes you feel good. When you feel good, you go out of your way to show it off (the fact that you feel good, not your booty). Now that you feel good and want to show it off you are motivated to work hard so that you might want to show it (your booty) off. You get my idea? I love to dance. I am a white girl with no rhythm, but that does not stop me from shaking it!! My husband tells me I often look like Elane (from Seinfeld) trying to dance. I personally don't think so, but nonetheless I still shake it!! Also, I met my husband in a dance club, so I must not look too bad shaking it!! So come on everyone, find a nice groove (music) and shake it!! Laugh hard and love yourself!! Who the heck cares what you look like, or the fact that you may not be able to keep rhythm shake your booty anyway!!

By the way this is not proven research. Hahahahaha, as if you could not already tell that!!

Also, I am thinking of offering a 30 minute cardio session one night a week. I have been doing this on my own and have loved it. I have been doing kickboxing just for extra cardio. Let me know if anyone is interested in coming in with me. I am not "clocking in" for this and therefore want to keep it as flexible as possible. I want to be able to change it up as often as possible or not change it up as often as possible. If I don't want to k-box and want to walk then I don't want it to be a big deal. Maybe we cycle for 30 min. or do light yoga for 30 min., or I don't know, something else for 30 min. I hope who ever comes in wants to be as flexible and creative as I am. If you are looking a ton of structure this may not be for you!! If you want to join me, let me know. I will give you details of where and what time to meet. I don't want to post it, too many cookey people out there. I am thinking mid week though!! It is okay if you ask while I am training a client, just don't linger.

Get shakin' and Blog on friends!!

No comments: