Search This Blog

Monday, November 07, 2005

The Half

I like this picture, particularly the toilets behind us!! So typical of runners, to take pics while standing in line to pee!! Heehee!! Actually we were just standing around, the potties just happened to be near the start line!!
(starting on the left) Carl, Richard's son finished fastest of all 3 of us. He had never run 13 miles before. He crossed the finish line in 1:31!! Wow!! Richard, in the middle, finished in 2:26. He was so happy!! I, on the right, finished the slowest as usual!! Look out Carl, someday I will catch you!! Or not...I don't think 7 minute miles are anywhere near my future!! Hahaha, I would settle for 10's!!

This was at the beginning of the race. There were somewhere around 5000 runners and walkers entered in the race. I think it is getting bigger and bigger each year! I don't have a picture of me yet of the finish line, my husband did not expect me to sprint across the finish line to beat the control top panty hose lady. She is this old lady who always wears panty hose while running. Sad that she consistently beats me so he missed the shot. I may order one from the people who took pictures professionally!!

No comments: