Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Food and Workout Log

Today I did lower body buttcamp. I feel great so far. I said the same exact thing last week and ended up sore. Oh well!! It was only C, B and I but it was great. We, all three of us, were totally dragging. Was it all of the candy??? Hmmmm, perhaps it was!! Hahaha!! I love Chocolate!! This is quite a predicament (how do you spell that?) since now I have to really watch my Blood Sugar!! Susan and I met over lunch to run 3 miles. She found a 2.5 mile loop instead. I was up for just about any distance. I feel good. We completed it in 23:12 (9:17 per mile). Wow, it felt great and like we were running slow!! It did not feel fast at all, that is what I meant!! Heehee!! Tomorrow morning is speed work with Plano group!! My goals for the next few days is: Sprint work tomorrow (7 x 800--ha, we'll see), Thursday upper body bootcamp and possibly another 2.5 mile run with Susan, Friday 4.89 mile loop with Plano Group, Saturday off (Rest, I love rest!!), and Sunday the Half. I can't wait.

Last night my husband asked me when I was going to run a race with my dad? I was like what??? My dad doesn't run, anymore. He told me that my mom had said that my dad wants to run a 5k with me. Oh my gosh, what? I immediately called my mom. This can't be true, she must have misunderstood, right? You see I have tried to get my dad to run with me for a few years, but to no avail. He is either intimidated or just doesn't want to, I wasn't sure. So my mom puts my dad on the phone and I asked him if this was true. It was!! How cool!! I asked him if he wanted to walk/run the Turkey Trot in OKC. He said he wasn't sure if he could do that so soon. The other thing you have to understand is that my parents are really young (he is not 50 yet). I told him that it is only 3 miles, we could walk most of it if he wanted and work up to another 5k over the holidays. I am totally pumped!! Woooohooo!!! I am totally looking forward to this new endevor!!

Workout: nothing
Breakfast: Cereal with Soy milk, 1 cup grapes
Snack: Candy (Chocolate candy, did I mention that I love chocolate????)
Lunch: Left over Taco Soup, and 5 saltines
Snack: Carrot with Veggie Dip
Dinner: More Taco Soup and Saltines

Weight Check in: 167

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You did not mention how much candy you ate? I have eaten 4 pieces so far today, but really they are only half pieces so I will count it as 2. I figure the sooner it is all gone the better.

ida said...

How wonderful that your dad wants to run with you!

:) said...

Wow, your training is on fire!

The dad run will be very cool...take pictures!!!

Lucky number 7 said...

Yes, my training is on fire!! I feel so good and strong!! Is it weird? So soon after the marathon??? Everyone else I know is struggling?? Oh well!