Search This Blog

Friday, November 04, 2005

Food and Workout Log

Thanks for all of the feedback!! McDonalds breakfast and Halloween candy is the best. Robtherunner, your food habits are not rubbing off on me. I already had a sweet tooth, hence my blood sugar problem. Reguarding being "fast" I really don't think I am "fast" per say, but I am getting there. I am getting faster, but not fast. Heehee!! Thank you though. My bed is still making that sucking sound when I get out of it. It must be the time change. My only motivation to resist the gravitational pull toward the bed was the fact that I thought my new friend E was going to be running with the group this morning and I did not want to stand the group or my friend up. So I went only to find that she didn't come. Argh!! I could have used the sleep, I went to bed too late!! Volleyball has started and tryouts are in full swing. Hanging out with the other coaches will get me into trouble, seeing as how I get up so stinking early!! I ran anyway. It was good and challenging. I went to run the 4.89 mile loop in Plano. I hung with the group for like the first 20 minutes or so (my guess, almost the first 2.5 miles) and then I just couldn't hang. I dropped back and contemplated turning around. I kept going though. I was greeted with a gorgeous sunrise over the golf course this morning. It is still hot here. I guess I am just going to have to deal with it!! I live in Texas, should I be used to this by now??? No snow, No blustery wind, not even a slight frost on the grass?? Bleh!! Yuck!! Oh well, I am going to have to get over it!! I finished the 4.89miles in 52 minutes. I shaved 2 minutes or so off the last time I ran it on Monday!! Yipee!! (That was 10:30's for 5 miles straight!!). As usual, I had a great time and intend on comitting to the group and pay the yearly fee. It is a bit far to drive, but I think it is totally worth it. I upped my mileage this week. I have completed my first 30 mile week in almost a year!! Now that I think about it, finishing the Chi Marathon in 5:44 only running 2 days a week is actually quite amazing!! Moving on.
On a sad note, RunnerSusan's daughter has injured here eye ball with a jacket zipper. Apperently Kenza was goofing around and hit her eye with a zipper on her jacket. I am still waiting to hear something back! Susan will not be running the half this weekend!! I am afraid she is really discouraged about her post marathon performance. She has a lot going on right now anyway. She could really use the *rest* break. She will do well in Austin!!
I am off to eat lunch and take a nap!! I find myself *aggressively napping* a lot these days. *Aggressively napping* for me is setting a specific time of day to take a nap and staying there until I feel rested. Hahahaha!! It is a great habit but sometimes I feel like I am wasting the day!! I know rest is very important, especially when I don't get to sleep on time in the evening!! Reading back over this is making me nauseous!! I am so incredibly spoiled to get to have this kind of schedule. I love it!! I know a ton of people who would love to trade places with me!!
Blog on Friends!!
PS: I am seeing a nutritionist next Thursday!! I can't wait to hear what he is going to say about the candy and Mickie D's!!
Workout: Power Gel (6:00am)
Breakfast: Cereal with Soy milk, and an apple (8:30)
Lunch: 1/2 BBQ Turkey Sandwich, 2 carrots and Veggie Dip (I am officially out of chocolate candy, so that I don't know what I might have as a dessert, if I even eat anything for dessert) (12:45)
Dinner:Who knows these days, I avoid the grocery store like the plague, for some reason. I want to cook even less than I want to go to the grocery store!! Sad!! I usually like to cook! Oh well.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

oh goodness mckdies? I think I would rather go without than eat breakfast from fast food :) haha. Sadly my nutrition is horrible albeit not fast food. I hate grocery shopping and cooking! My poor husband!

Great job on getting out of bed. I did well yesterday but this morning I dragged on it so now I have to swim tonight. :)