Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2005

Dr. Voodoo

I went to the nutritionist yesterday and it was quite an experience. He told me all kinds of things about my diet like, eliminate the Baked Cheetos, and snickerdoodles, and oh yeah, you need a lot more protein. Hahahaha!! I figured as much. It was the strangest thing. He did muscle testing and placed viles of all kinds of things on my stomach to see if "my body" would accept it by being strong or reject it by being weak. The viles contained everything from chocolate to garlic on my stomach. It turns out that my body rejected wheat and yeast so strongly that Dr. P could not tell if anything else was there. He suggested that I stay away from dairy until we can retest. Tomatoes as it turns out are fine. He adjusted my lower back, upper back and neck (by the way he is also a chiropractor). The only thing I did not like was him adjusting my neck. I am hypersensitive with my neck. I left with a vague direction to take my diet in and a feeling that I had just left a voodoo doctor. My friend Dianne told me this is very normal for people who have never had this sort of appointment before. It was really not strange at all, in fact everything Dr. P did right on the money. She, I am assuming, either knows someone else that practices this or has had it done herself. Anyway, I have asked her for her guidance on beginning a wheat and yeast free diet. She is so excited at the prospect of a new challenge and I really appreciate her perspective. I am feeling like I can't eat anything but she sees as what else I can eat. It is funny how God works to bring people together. I agree with her on that!!
Now my diet today has been better or at least more along the lines of what Dr. P is looking for but still doesn't have enough veggies and proteing and I am sure it has too many carbs.
Breakfast 1:(8:00am)
1 cup organic rolled oats (measured dry)
Country crock light
brown sugar
Breakfast 2: (10:30)
1 egg scrambled
2 sausages
1 cup grapes (I know this is on the "do not eat" list, but I don't want to waste them--I finished them up)
Lunch: (1:00)
2 pieces of Spelt bread
1tsp Cashew butter
1tsp Blackberry Jelly (Yes, too much sugar--don't eat list)
2 carrots
1TBSP veggie Dip (don't eat list--due to mayonaise in the dip)
Pumpkin bread (don't eat list--it is the last piece)
Dinner: (5:00)
4oz Chicken breast with Tequila Lime marinade
Bumble bee salad (black beans, corn, red pepper, onion, cumin and coriander)

Weight check in:165!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your comments next to the foods you are not supposed to eat. It is important to not waste food so you did the right thing. That's often how I justify eating the rest of the cookies. "There were only 9 left and you baked them two hours ago. I just figured no one wanted them." This is what I tell my wife when I eat all of the cookies within a couple hours.

D said...

WEIRD. I have never heard of anything like this....is this a TEXAS thing???? I think Susan has a great point about the potential allergic reaction.... ;)

Cashew Butter ~ sounds yummy!