Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2006

Short Slow runs are fun too!!

Yesterday and today Susan and I met for 5 mile runs. We went into them thinking, yeah 50 minutes or so should be good, but 1 hour and 6 minutes later we were just glad to socialize and get the miles in. I am thankful to have my friend back. I miss Richard though, he decided to sleep instead of lifting. I got a good workout in though. I am attempting to detox and/or cleanse, but I am finding it very difficult. I am hungry and tired and craving sugar like I have craved it before. Also, I cheated already. How do you start something so motivated and just like that, oops I found myself eating hershey kisses. Only about 10 of them though. Oh well, I will just try to keep on track. Does any Nutrition buffs out there know the RDA for protein intake??? I always thought it was .5g-1g per KG of bodyweight?? Is this incorrect?? Dr. Voodoo wants me to get more in my diet, but I feel very differently. I am afraid that he is asking for too much protein. I am quite concerned on this. Also, he is reccommending a lower carb diet, but for some unknown reason I eat almost no carbs lately (I'm not counting carbs you get from fruits and veggies--I don't eat many potatoes or corn). My energy is flat and running slow. I think this might be due to low iron levels and lack of carbs in the diet. My friend D has been doing Manuel Lymph drainage on my legs and noticed a very distinct difference between my right and left legs. She told me this morning that she learned in her recert class over the weekend that sometimes if you have too much protein in your body, you are at risk for higher fat prolification (more fat storage around the problem lymph areas--ie my left leg). Huh, interesting. I am curious about this. I have just put it into writing to notate it more than anything. This week's goal is to continue to bring down my stress level and maintain everything (161lbs, 5 miles daily base mileage, and 3 days lifting). I am trying really hard. I will do it. I am fired up about the springtime like weather. It makes me want to be outside although I fear the heat that is inevitable. Oh well, I will enjoy the cooler days for now.

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

hmmm. interesting. I think you definitely need lots of carbs if you are doing lots of aerobic excercise.

I try to eat protein and carbs at each meal, that way I don't get hungry and I am providing recovery nutrients for my muscles as well as fuel for the next run.

hope you find a nutrition program that works better and keeps you healthy!