Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Running Log

Yesterday was our last long run before taper!! Yay!!! I can't even begin to tell you all how excited I am about that!! We went to FW again, you all know my love of running there. This weekend did not go as well as I had hoped, but we got our time in. We started out okay, both of us incredibly tired and not motivated to run at all!! 20 miles is tough to get excited about when your mileage has been so high for so long. We ended up doing 16. Our time was slow, but not discouraging. I won't make our time public, you all will just have to wait to see how we do in Chicago!! I got my expo ticket and bib number assignment yesterday!! It almost made me cry. Susan and I talked a lot about the sacrifices we had both made to make this marathon happen. We have given up family time, free time, and our love of horrible food on occasion (although at times it seems we did not hold back, or at least I didn't). Both of us have made it through 4 months of rediculiously hard training with out injury or illness. This is a big accomplishment because for our races last year we both had either gotten sick or hurt somewhere along the way. We have not backed down from this illusive goal of a 4 hour marathon. Relentless pursuit is what I like to call it. We have worked so hard for so long that now that the race is almost here we keep finding ourselves teary eyed and inspired (this is very true for me, and Susan I think. I should stop saying "we", but I know she is as excited as I am). My body is stronger than it has ever been. I am healthier now than I have ever been. I know with out a doubt that all of our hard work is paying off. I know now what I am capable of. All of those really negative things I was saying to myself in the past few months, were all unneccessary. I know now what I have been training for. It is coming in 2 weeks!! I know what is going to happen in 2 weeks. I will have a personal best (PB) at the marathon. I can't wait!! Chi town get ready!! Here we come!!

Blog on friends!!

No comments: