Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Roots running!!

I love running in FW!! It reminds of why I picked up running during college, well besides the ususal "to lose the freshmen 15, 20" reason. I love it. It was like runner's heaven. I am so inspired!! There were more runner's than drivers!! Can I get a halleluia???? No rude drivers, runner's who actually make eye contact and greet you with an enthusiastic "Hello and Good Morining". No snobs, no ex football players hitting on you and cleaner air!! I love it. I want more of it!! I set out on my own today a little hesitant. It was dark and I was alone. Scary I know!! There were other runners, but I did not have Richard or Susan with me. I was by myself. This in and of itself is very comforting. I have almost always been surrounded with other runners, but never actually trained and stuck with 2 people so intensely!! This is of course a complement to both of them. I can be a pain in the butt sometimes. I do however enjoy the occasional trek by myself. Knowing that in the end I won't see anyone I know is comforting. Is this strange? I love meeting and ending at Susan's house, but for a change is was wonderful to be by myself. I think I had forgetten the amazing woman that resides in my skin. I needed to be reconnected. I completed an amazing 14 miles this morning. I did it in 2:28!! Running like a rockstar I felt like I was even holding back a little. I am tired. My legs are on the verge of cramping, but it feels so good!! I couldn't be more pleased. I love going back to my roots of running. I love the memories that come flooding back every step I take through Overton Park. I miss that feeling. It is so inspiring. I am truely blessed!!
Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

:) said...

Cool...I love Fort Worth also! Nice job on the 14!