Search This Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mad Dash

I ran in the 3rd annual Dorothy's Dash metric half this morning. I have decided that I really don't like to "race". I would rather just train and never race. I think maybe I have performance anxiety or something. Or.....it could be that 8 miles is the longest distance I have tried to run since like May or June. Hummmm....I wonder what made this run so hard??? I finished in a slow 1:38:16. At least that is what the official clock said. I think my G mini said something closer to 1:36:something. I don't remember. It said I ran 11:36's for 8.3 miles. Hummm. I was hoping for 10minute miles. I started off with the first 3 miles at that pace, then it just fell off. That particular part of the run is/was more hilly than what I was used to. My MP3 player also died before the 2 mile mark, so I was left to my own mental demise. Around mile 4 I had to pee, but there was no potties up until that point, so I had to slow down or run is soggy shoes for the last half. I also got very hot. I overdressed a touch. I wore capri tights, a long sleeve running shirt and a hat with gloves. (a baseball cap). When I finished I had taken my gloves off, rolled my tights up and took my shirt off. I was warm!! Yuck!! Well I suppose this run was a great warm up for the Turkey Trot (8 mile) on Thursday. At least now I know that I can complete this distance.

Also, I have fluid in my left ear. It is kind of like I have been swimming, only I haven't. I can hear it when I walk, talk, and swallow. It stinks!! I had Massoman's BW work on my sinuses yesterday, I wonder if that has anything to do with it???

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Lance Notstrong said...

Maybe it's just the ear fluid making you slower.