Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wheww, I am tired!!

Last night I met with the Fit2Train group. A bunch of TI ers and some of us other folks. We ran 3 miles and then sat around at a picnic. I chose not eat, I am not a member yet and I feel weird about eating their food. I know, strange, but who cares. I met a few other women which are called Irongirls. I actually like that label and may steal it for myself. I am an irongirl, sort of.
RunnerSusan and I were supposed to meet for a ride this morning. We didn't. She spent the day with Kenza at school. Oh well. I really needed the sleep. I was and still am exhausted. I slept like a log. I did not even hear my hotty hubby come in last night after band. Humm.
Today I rode 16.5 miles, averaging 12.7mph. I did not eat enough, and I am still tired. I wanted to go longer, but mentally couldn't hack it. So I took a rest half way through at the lake and then rode back. It did not go as well as I had hoped but I did it.
I think it will take some time to get used to all of the training a triathalon requires. Only one week of it, minus the swimming and I am pooped!! Ha!! Oh well.

**I am training for several things right now. I want to do a triathalon this summer, and the New Mexico Marathon on Labor Day weekend.

Gotta Go eat!!! Yum!!
Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Oh a tri...those are deadly :)..u gonan get hooked.i promise on that.

I ain't doing a marathon this Sun. My friend, Anners, is. My plan is to run with her in the last 21 km (13 mile?).

I hope being with her will give her that mental boost to the finish line.
(I also need to get my long run in anyways).

As for eating, right now, my nutrition is not the best. It is pretty good and there is still a lot i can learn and adjust my diet to. However, during my heavy training days, i will make sure i eat and eat a lot. I figure i rather over eat than under eat. If i under eat, my body will not have the fuel and resources to repair itself.

Of course, this does not justify me going ot buffet and binge :) [In fact, I don't go to buffet during training for this reason alone.]