Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Playing Catch up!!

Okay, so I had a very eventful and uneventful weekend. Let's start off with Saturday. I rode in the CrossTimbers Classic. I know, all of you local cyclists will snub this ride, but let me tell you all, it was a big deal to me!! I trained hard for this ride. I trained my friend PM for a whole year for that ride. We did it. We made it all the way through the 30miles. I don't have any idea how long it took us or what our average speed was and to be honest, I don't really care. I care about that the fact that PM finished pain free when one year ago she could hardly walk. I could not be more proud of her. That was her marathon!! I am so happy for her. Kevin also rode with us. Yay, Kev!! He totally out rode the two of us.

The thing about rallies or tours or whatever they are is that they are so completely different than a race. Like any runner would be I was baffled by the fact that the rest stops are really social breaks. They were points along the way where you get off your bike, have a snack and revel at the fact that you have made it this far. I understand, it may not be this way in a "race", nonetheless I found it fascinating. I also found it intresting that there were no mile markers, no cheering squads, and a less than motivating sign at the end to let you know that you crossed the finish line, sort of, I think. We passed a sign that said finish, but were we done at the sign or further up where people were sitting and having more snacks? And how long did it take us--no clock. I was left feeling such a wonderful sense of accomplishment and no one but my dear hubby and training friend to celebrate with. Hum...kinda let down. Are they all this way??

Anywho. Sunday morning right away was met with a severely grumpy stomach. Oh my gosh, what is going on? Oh yeah I had salad the night before. Oops. I met the group at White Rock lake to run 4. 5miles. I made it through the first 3 miles before... what the heck is going on with my stomach? I suddenly had this, must find a potty feeling, coming over me. I had Nikko with me and what do you do with your dog when you are in a Johnny on the spot puking your guts out?? Let's say this...I walked back to the car, but no before stopping a few more times along the way. Hey Susan, I now understand what you were going through all those times with an upset stomach for so many miles. How did you do it?? I managed to get to the car and get home. I started to feel a bit better so I had a PB and J sandwich on spelt. I showered and then holy cow, my stomach again!! This can't be happening, I was having such a good weekend!! In the end, I spent most of Sunday in and out of the bathroom and most of Monday asleep trying to make up for what I lost on Sunday. I lost 6 pounds. Gross!! All I had to do was feel better and lookey there I found my 6 pounds!! I am feeling better, but I still did not workout today. I had a busy day of testing and training. I chose to sleep in, just to make sure the stomach bug was gone~wink wink. I was just lazy. Tomorrow is full day of playing catch up!! Good luck with that my hotty hubby says.
Blog on friends!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better. That stomach thing does not sound like fun.

massoman said...

being sick is so not fun. I hope your stomach is feeling more grounded.
'high five' you and PM! way to go mighty queen of lunges!

you've done a great job training PM.

Cliff said...

Long rides are fun. When you slowly increase the distance, u will be amaze at how far you can go. 50 miles, 80 milse..100 miles :O...