Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ahhem:

I begin with a wonderful quote:
"Running is a big question mark that's there each and everyday. It asks you, 'Are you gonna be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?" --Peter Maher

My question mark is answered by say I am strong today. I will not be a wimp!! Hahaha!! I need to play a bit of catch up for a moment. Please forgive me I have been pretty busy changing lives (haha--training clients!!).

Tuesday evening I ran 4 miles in 46:04. Ugg. It was incredibly hot (80 something with humidity levels around 80%--Heat index of around 100 degrees). I saw this amazing thunderhead. It looked like a mushroom, but with lightening bolts lighting it up. Clear blue skies and this one big cloud. The sunset accented it really well. It was like a big strobe light. Unfortunately, it's warpath included a tornado that killed a few people. It was really neat though.

Wednesday was a very very full training day. I trained a record breaking 7 clients. I have not trained that many people in several years. I was whipped!! The Y is also refinishing the floor in our new "multipurpose room" so the whole fitness center smells really bad. I thought I was getting used to it, but maybe not. I left with the worst headache yet, since they have been remodeling. I love the changes, but geeze it is wreaking havok on my sense of smell. Nonetheless, no exercise. I went to bed really early. I almost did not make it through the end of Lost. Anyone else addicted??? What a twist last night. And I digress.

This morning I ran with Susan, Richard and his BW. BW and I ran 3 miles. I finished in 31:09 (10:24's). Not so bad. I felt great. As I was finishing I decided to push the pace a bit. I noticed that I was not running a quickly as I could have. (Garmin's are the best--her name is G mini). My G mini has changed the way I run. She is the basic Forerunner 101, but I am a woman of simplicity. Anywho, my legs were a little quivery at the very end. I did recover very quickly, which makes me think I could have pushed the distance a bit more too. I am ready, but want to be intelligent about it. I have already added a mile onto Tuesdays run. And I am meeting with a new group tonight. I thing I am going to join a training group called Fit2Train. They are a triathalon group. We will do a group run at White Rock then have a picnic. I invited my hotty hubby, but he is playing music. And oh yeah, he doesn't run. Sure wish he would, but whatever. He is riding the CrossTimbers Classic with PM and I. Yay!!! Something together!! Heeheee!! I am smiling all over!! After running this morning, I met BC for Bootcamp. It was a gentle class today, she is having low back issue. My arms are a bit tired. I don't think I will be sore.

On tap for the rest of the day. I am going for a short ride this morning and then I am riding to work (all in all around 25-30 miles--oh I guess that is not really short). I have some tests to run then a ride home. I will meet the Fit2Train group this evening. After all of that I think I might rest!!

Friday morning Susan and I are meeting for a ride. Yay!!

So I will continue my day and not be a wimp. I am a strong runner and athlete. Heehee!!
Blog on friends!!

4 comments:

D said...

How fun to run w/Susan and Massoman! I heard about that Tornado - scary. Great runs. I'm sweating just thinking about the hot and humid run you did..ugh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog a while ago.

I love the quote! I'm big into inspirational quotes. They work to keep me motivated.

What are you currently training for?

E-Speed said...

Good job on slowly upping the miles!

Cliff said...

It was incredibly hot (80 something with humidity levels around 80%--Heat index of around 100 degrees).

HOT!