Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2006

250!!

I started today off with a nice and sleepy lifting session with Massoman. Let me first say, I was not paying attention to what I was doing and ended up lifting heavier than I meant to. It was nice to see some progress. I benched 65lbs for 3x17!! WOW!!! I didn't think I could lift that much. Cool!! Thanks Massoman for lifting with me!!
This evening I met the fit2train group for my first open water swim clinic. There were only 3 Irongirls and 3 coaches there. It was like I was getting private lessons. Cool!! I put on a wet suit for the first time. I was shocked that I could wear a medium. I don't think I have ever worn a medium anything, ever....hahaha!! Anywho, then we got in the water and swam back and forth between 2 coaches and the 3rd was in a kayak just in case we needed help. The coaches were about 25m apart. I found myself fighting the need to just breathe shallow and finally gave in and just started breathing hard under water. I also had to get over the fact that one I could not see underwater and two I could not tell if I was going straight or not. Once I calmed down a bit I was able to see where I was going and get my breathing under control. BTW, my arms totally crapped out. Hum, could that be because I blew them out this morning?? Oops. When all was said and done we completed like 250m or so says the coach. We weren't officially keeping track but she guestimated. I had a great time!!
What are the distances for an Olympic distance tri?

Blog on friends!!

No comments: