Search This Blog

Friday, May 05, 2006

What a fantabulous fitness day!!

This evening I met with my walking friend JM. She is training for the 3 day walk in October. Today we walked 6.15miles (16:54min/mile). Woohoo!! She had never walked that far before. We talked about what to wear or not wear in the Texas heat. Hahaha!! She wore pants today and got very hot. She made it though, humidity and all. It was a great walk. After walking, I kept to my goal of 3 miles. I completed it on the dreadmill in 30:15. Not so shabby!!! I burned roughly 389+774cal=1163cal. today.

I am well on my way to a vegetarian style diet. I am cutting out chicken if I can. I am trying because I think I was having a weird reaction to the chemicals in the chicken Kevin and I bought last week. Yuck!! I have been chicken free for about a week, and I am feeling better. My current protein sources include soy protein, rice protein, beans, and fish. We will see how that goes!! I will keep at it.

It is late and I want sleep!!! Perhaps I will get some good rest before the storms roll in.

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

CJ said...

Hi! I'm catching up on my blog reading.
How's the vegetarian diet going? I've been vegetarian for about 8 years now and it seems to work for me most of the time - I have low iron levels whcih means taking tablets every so often.