Search This Blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tons of workouts!!

I have been busy. Despite my perscription for a slower training log I have persisted through some great workouts. Tuesday Runnersusan and I spent some time swimming and running. I had a great time. It is always a nice change of pace when I get to go to her gym. It feels like another world. Last night I talked to my mom and then felt compelled to run butt off (5 miles in 59:30). She went on about possibly having cancer instead of MS. This prospect made me want to throw up. She had a point. Whatever kind of cancer she had been researching sounded devestatingly similar to what my freaky symptoms are. Bottom line, I am still more anxious than I am willing to admit out loud. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I do know this....I have the healthiest brain my neuro doc has seen in years. So what ever is going on is not in my head. Hahaha. I have to laugh you know. I am off to have yet another MRI of my spine next week sometime. We will all have to see what happens next.
Tonight I needed to swim, and swim for a long time. I needed a great workout. I had one. I warmed up with 100m. I was being agressive, I know, but then I swam 4 x 400, and cooled down with 100m. It was nice to get out of the water tired. Why is it so much easier to transport myself to another world when I am swimming than when I am running? I just get lost in what I am doing, breathing, counting, looking, and so on. The mind wobbles.
Must head to bed.
Blog on friends!!!

2 comments:

massoman said...

you have a great attitutde, karrie. i'm in better shape than i've ever been, and so is dianne, i tried running, and i can get through a full day of massage as well as i ever could.
that's because of you.
you lead by example, not just saying the right things, but doing them, taking action.
i am forever grateful. thanks.

Dubs said...

Glad you got a good workout in. Hope things are okay with your Mom and you - get whatever tests can put your mind at ease. Will keep you guys in my prayers. :)

Miss running with you - we should meet up again sometime this fall (when I can keep up with your mileage). I haven't run with the PP since my ankle .