Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2006

It is already starting.

Last night around 10:30pm I heard my cell phone ring. Hotty hubby comes in and says it's AM. I roll my eyes and look at him and say, "Season is just starting and I have already decided to set some boundries." You see, AM is my club volleyball co-director. OMG!!!!! I am not ready for this. Perhaps when it gets cooler and actually feels like fall I might get excited. I can't get past the heat.

Anywho...I went for a ride with my friend PM this morning. It was a ride that almost did not happen due to the fact that I had a flat and could not get air in my tube. I changed the tube last night and still couldn't get air in. So I showed up at her house and let her tinker with it. Luckily she was able to get air in. We rode in the heat (yuck!!) for 26.25 miles. We usually ride a flat out and back, but today we were intrested in something different. So we took a hillier route. It was a great change. I felt the heat though. Somewhere in between 18 and 22 I got cold. I knew it could not have been dehydration because I had set my watch to beep every 15 minutes and took a drink of water. We stopped at 12 1/2 to eat and rest. (I had a hammer gel and water). I told PM that I needed to stop and rest when I got cold. We did and when I got off of my bike I was really shakey. Weird. We sat awhile and I had a bit of electrolyte drink (Cytomax), and she insisted that I have a cookie. I am trying hard to avoid wheat, but she was persistant. I had one. It was sooo good. She handed me another and I could not resist at that point. I stopped at two. Hahaha.
Once I felt back to "normal" we went on home. I sat awhile at her house and poured ice water on my right leg and on both feet. I could not stop sweating for a long time. I went home and took the coldest shower I could. Not that cold. Also, of particular intrest...my psoriasis is back on my scalp. I guess it is back to no dairy and no wheat.

It is time to cook some dinner. Turkey sloppy Joes and sweet potato fries!! Yum!! BTW, I have mine on spelt.

Blog on friends!!

2 comments:

massoman said...

i would gladly pay you tuesday for a turkey sloppy joe today.

E-Speed said...

hope your feeling better!