Search This Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thanks for the support everyone!!

You guys rock!! Thanks for the support. I know that when I have a bad day you all will be there to give me constant encouragement! Isn't that what we are blogging for anyway??
I have had a great couple of days as far as my workouts go. Yesterday I ran 4 miles in 50 minutes (12:30's). Not too bad. If I haven't said this already I realize that I will sacrifice speed for frequency of workouts. I am okay with anything faster than 13 minute miles!! I ended my evening with a swim. It was fantastic!! I am increasing my distance everytime I get in the water. I did a mini ladder (100m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 100m cool down). I was very tired after finishing. Last night I did a larger ladder (100m, 200, 300, 400m, 500m, 600m, 100 cool down). I felt like I could have kept going on the 600m, but I ran out of time.
Today I helped my sis pack up and move away. I am totally crushed. To the point of tears. Tears are reserved for the privacy of my home, yet I find myself welling up in front of my future bro in law, and on the way home from work. I want her to be happy and she was not while she was living here. She is moving, or should I say on her way, to St. Louis. Sad. Hmmmm.......
I did not workout because tomorrow I am going to get that 11 mile long run in. After work, I am off to OKC for my high school reunion. Should be fun. I will give a full report when I get back!! Have a great weekend all!!
Blog on friends!!

2 comments:

D said...

Sacrificing speed for frequency it good! Sorry about your sis moving...that sucks. Have fun at your reunion. Run Strong.

Unknown said...

Good for you for going to your reunion. I have not been brave enough to go to any of mine. Keep up the running.