Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dead Legs!!

So I did not make it 11 miles on the dreadmill. I did make 4 though. I went over to WR lake after my bike class to finish out another 3. I rounded out my daily mileage to 7 averaging 11:10min/miles. Not as great as I had hoped but it will do. Remember anything faster than 13's will suffice. I woke up this morning ready for another speedy track workout. I met my usual buddies at the local track to get some work done. I was scheduled for 1 mile warm up, 2 x 400, 2 x 800, 2 x 400 and 1 mile cool down. I only made it through the first half of the workout. I am wondering now that I am looking back could I have plogged through the rest?? Perhaps, perhaps not. For my 400's I felt weak and super slow. My times (1:44 and 1:44) did not really show it. I immediately started feeling a bit crappy after this. My legs stiffened the shortness of breath came over me. My arms were super quivery and I felt like I could just fall asleep right there on the track. I sat down, drank some water and got my bearings. When I felt better I got up to make an attempt at the first 800. I started it and stopped. I walked a 400. After getting back around I started my 800 with the thought of I will not stop and just do it, even if it doesn't feel good. I will do it. I did (4:21). That was it. Now I was really sleepy. I sat down and got a bit dizzy. Perhaps I should have kept standing. Oh well. I stood up and my legs were way stiff. I walked to get my water and then started down the track walking. I went to some bleachers and sat down. I nearly fell asleep. My head drooped, I was breathing very hard, and my body shook. I decided that that was not the place to take a nap. I got up and ended up walking 1 mile to "cool down". I continued to struggle with my breathing and stiffness until I got home and layed down. Massoman hinted at the fact that I am on the verge of over training since I had just run 7 yesterday. Maybe he's right. This was the usual hot weather feeling though. Dizziness, sleepy, breathless, and stiff. The humidity was way high here and it felt significantly warmer. The temp was 73degrees. Hummmmmm......this will get better I hope. I am scheduled for a swim this evening and I think I will take it easy!! I will get it done, but slow and steady.
Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

BuckeyeRunner said...

Ack! Speedwork is so tough - I can feel your pain. Nice times though!!