Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Headed in the right direction, I think.

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I've blogged. Hmmm.
Monday:
I lifted with my friend Massoman and swam. I was a bit sore from lifting. True confession of a slacker in that area I suppose. My swim could not have been better. I am working so hard in the pool. I completed a big ladder, again. 4 x 50m, 1 x 100, 1 x 200, 1 x 300, 1 x 400, 1 x 300, 1 x 200, 1 x 100, and 4 x 50 cool down. I was a bit sunburned and am showing the true summer badge of training (cycle short line and a swim cap line). That is so hot!!! Hahahaha! Not to mention the ultra sexy sunglasses/goggle eyes.
Tuesday:
I instated a bigger track party. There were 5 of us (BC, JM, Massoman, his BW, and myself~runnersusan slept in and called later to tell me she was sorry she didn't make it). It was a gorgeous morning in FM Tejas. I think it was like 65-67degrees with very little humidity. Fabulous!! My job was to run a 1 mile warm up (12minute mile), 4 x 800 (3:40, 3:40, 4:00, 4:03~smokin' fast!!!) and a 1 mile cool down (12:30). Oh and I was supposed to walk/job 400m between each 800. Since it was so beautiful outside I decided to add this track work onto a long run for the week. I know, or should I say realize, that this is in some way cheating, but I did it anyway. I left the track and headed over to the trails at the Y. I completed half of it (4.75 miles) to round out 10.75 miles in 2:20. I headed home, worried that I had not heard from hotty hubby and checked in. Only he wasn't home. Apparently he and Nikko were out enjoying the unseasonably cool morning. I ran to the fitness center determined to get 12-15 miles in. I jumped on the treadmill to completed 1.25 miles (14minutes). I decided I was done. I did 12 miles in 2:34 (this includes the superfast track workout). I am okay with that.
Wednesday:
Hotty hubby and I went for a bike ride last night. Another fantastic evening. The last 3 have been so pretty and cool. Maybe not cool, but not humid I guess I should say. We rode our usual loop in Coppell. (10miles). I had picked up a movie to watch while spending my time on the spin bike so when we got back I still owed 30mintes of riding. So we popped in the movie (Failure to Launch~kind of corny but still good) and I topped off the ride. Wooohooo!! I have not missed a workout yet.
Today:
At the risk of sounding like a slacker~haha~I slept in instead of getting up and heading over to WR lake to run with the group. We are supposed to run for a total of 40-50minutes with pick ups in the middle. (Warm up 10 minutes, pick up for 3, slower for 2--repeat 5 times and then a 10 cool down). I wanted to go with the group to ensure I would not crap out or slack off. I have to make the very best of these shorter runs if I have any hope to PR in NM. Whoa, too many abreviations. Hahaha. Oh well, I am let to my own demise.

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Dubs said...

Great workouts! Good job, keep on going!!