Search This Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2006

A hot dog and a lot of catch up!!

I have had such a busy training week. Not to mention watching the MAVS!! Wednesday I rode the spin bike at the Y for 1 hour. I was 30 minutes short of my goal but I got it done. This morning I had a track party with Massoman and his BW. My job was to run a 1 mile warm up, then 3 x 1 mile repeats that were broken up by 400's (1st was all out;1:38, 1:44, 1:44, 2nd a slight bit slower; 1:48, 1:52, 1:48, 3rd easy; did not time them, and 4th walk) and cool down with 1 mile easy. Each of the 400's were seperated by 30s to1min rest. I bookended the day with a bit of a swim lesson from my friend PM. She did some coaching some time ago and offered to help. I am thankful. She helped quite a bit. I ended up doing an undetermined number of 25m's (just to get my form down a little better), then a ladder. I started with 50, 100, 125, 100(missed a step), 150, 125, 100, 75, 50 then 2 x 25 cool down. I am pooped and the MAVS are down by a lot. Grrrr!! They will come back!!

The hot dog reference might only make sense to a few people. I will briefly fill you in. You see I only sweat on one side of my body. Therefore I am likely not able to regulate temperature very well. This is something I have dealt with for 4 years now. Only it seems in the last two summers it has gotten intolerable. Since it has been so freakin hot here and the pollution has been really bad I have been short of breath. My husband made an analogy last week during my mental and physiological meltdown that perhaps my shortness of breath is my body's reaction to its inability to cool correctly. Like a dog. He meant no offense although at the time it was totally not funny. He was just trying to make me feel better. He succeeded in making me feel better and convinced me to go back to a neurologist. I will hold steady to my promise. I know this makes my dear friends runnersusan and massoman feel better. I talked about going last summer but because of my own fears and denial I did not go. I have come to the conclusion that alienating myself from my friends because they run at 6:30 instead of 5:00am is no longer acceptable. I am determined to get to the bottom of all of this mess. I will not go into all the issues right now, but I am sure if you really wanted you could go back into the archives from last summer and see a trend. It is all related from the stiffness of the legs to the inabilty to make progress as far as speed and distance. I won't go into it all right now.

I will say this, just before my meltdown I ran a 1 mile PR (8:04). Yippeeee!!! I think this gave me confidence going into my cool weather run in PA!!!

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job at the track party speedy.