Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2005

Food and Workout Log

Yesterday I ran or shall I say, walked, a 10k. It was pretty hilly. Susan, I have a friend that lives in that neighborhood and she said that she will do "hill" training over there. So it was not just us crapping out!! I admit that it was pretty tough. Right now I am struggling with my physical condition, but with mental motivation. I want to run, I feel great running, but I am finding myself lacking motivation to even get out of the door. Oh well, I will chalk it up to post marathon blahhh. I will push through it. I have the half on Sunday and Austin in Feb. I will get focused and the motivation will come. I really enjoy running with the Plano Group. I love it actually. I ran with E today and had a great time. Our time was not stellar, but we completed 4.89 miles in 54 minutes. That was an 11:03 pace. I will get faster. Tomorrow is buttcamp and possible 3 miles with Susan over lunch. I will have to see if I have any tests to run. By the way, my blood sugar is not low at all. In fact, it is high. Not horribly high, but it is still over the limit of what is normal. I am shocked that it is not low, but high. I seriously need more education on Diabetic food intake. I am seeing a nutritionist this week or early next. My fingertips are so sensitive right now. It was really hard to hang onto the lat pull down bar. Ouch!!
Blood sugar before workout or food (4:30am): 95
Workout: Lifting with Richard upper body only
I did not eat anything
Blood Sugar before running (still no food yet--6:30am):100
Power Gel
Workout: 4.89 miles in 54 minutes
Post run Blood Sugar (7:45 am): 98
Breakfast:
Rice cake with Honey mango spread, orange, candy (I know, this won't help my sugar, but it is soo good!!) I suspect that my Blood Sugar will be high on the next check.
2 hour past food Blood Sugar check (11:15am--actually this is a bit late): 114
*Crap, I can't really eat too much candy any more. That totally sucks for a Chocoholic!! Sad!!
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, carrot stick with veggie dip (1 tablespoon), apple with caramel apple dip
Dinner: not sure yet, I will enter this in when I decide
Before Bed Blood Sugar Check:

This whole Blood Sugar thing is quite fascinating. I am doomed for Diabetes. I just know it. I will do my best to control my diet even more. I am struggling with this, but I will do it because I don't want to feel the way I did after Chicago!!! I will keep you all posted!!
Blog on friends!!

No comments: