Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2005

Food and Workout Log

This morning was a bit more track work. Susan and I went to the local High School track to meet another running group. No one showed up. I thought I'd just run around a bit, nothing too speedy (I already did speedwork on Wednesday). When no one came, I thought well Susan needs to do speedwork, I'll let her pace and I will follow. We ended up warming up with a slow 800, then ran 2 x 400's and 2 x 800's. Walked a bit and jogged a bit in between. I did not have any blood sugar problems, I drank a Glucerna shake during the breaks. That stuff is so thick, it gets caught in my throat. Uggghhh. But if it helps, then I will use it. I went later this morning (around 9:30 or so) to tempo run. I had initially intended on doing a 5 mile tempo, but realized I did not have enough time. I ended up doing 2.57 miles in 24:51. Not too bad. I am pleased. It is so hard to run by myself!! I also desperately need new music on my MP3 player. I am getting really tired of the Black Eyed Peas, as much as I love them. Any suggestions? I am somewhat of a rocker, but don't like to be screamed at.

Workout:
Glucerna shake
Breakfast:
Organic Rice cake with honey mango spread, an Orange, tea and splenda
Snack:
Yogurt made with soy (this is going to take some getting used to, it is well....different)
Lunch:
1 cup Tortilla Soup, Lunch bag of Fritos, 1/4 cup Sweet baby peas
Dinner:
I don't know yet...We are carving pumpkins tonight so it won't be too healthy I am sure!!

Weight check in: 166
Pace for the Tempo run: 9:40 a mile!! Yippee!! It is only going to get better from here!!

Blog on Friends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you on the whole accountability thing. About two years ago I went to a nutritionist and started keeping track of all the food I ate, which has not changed much since then, and I was quite surprised how much it made a difference in my eating patterns. The thing that has changed the most since then though is that my mileage has increased greatly and my weight has stayed steady. I am a bad influence on my wife who would be a much better eater if I was not around. I could have been nice and brought home flowers this afternoon, but instead I brought home a halloween candy bag of almond joy, her favorite.