Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Brrrrrr, It was chilly this morning!!

This morning I set off on my own to run the Waterworks 25k. I had great intentions and my mind has been in the right place all week!! I did well. I finished in 2:43. Not so shabby coming off of Chicago so soon. It was windy and cold. I don't think Thruston Racing Group expected so many participants. I think there were like 450 or so. Maybe it was the weather. I don't know though, I had to park like a half mile away from the start. Also there were only 4 potties, can you just imagine the line?
I feel great, other than well..... the whole my legs are exhausted thing. I kept telling myself: Oh get over it, it was 2 weeks ago. But my legs had another idea of what they wanted to do today. Walking was wonderful. That felt good. I would just run until my legs were tired, then I walked. It was so windy that the lake reminded me of the ocean with the waves crashing ashore. I imagined that I was on the beach somewhere tropical. Not Cancun though, those poor people.
I tried some new things this morning on my quest to keep my Blood Sugar under control. First, I actually ate a bowl of cereal with Soy Milk before leaving the house at 6am. (Race time was 7:30). I took Power Gels with me but did not use any of them. I chopped a Luna bar up and carried it with me. No Spark, Muscle Fuel, or V16. I munched on the Luna Bar throughout, but had finished by mile 5 or so, I was sooooo hungry?? Could this be from the cereal?? Perhaps I woke my metabolism up too early this morning. I also carried water and 1 small bottle of Endurox with me. I finished the water, and took some from the stations as needed, but never felt sloshy. I did not finish my Endurox. After the race I did not have the regular bottle of water, instead I had a Diet Coke (I realize that this was not the best choice, but I deserved it!!). I sat down long enough to eat an apple, instead of the usual banana. I did not have any dizzy feelings or feelings of shakiness, lost, or disorientation. I am tired now, but not exhausted. I think I might be getting a handle on this.
All in all it was a great morning.
Blog on Friends!!

*I am going to have this to eat:
Lunch: Baked Potato Soup and Saltines
Dinner: Not sure yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on the 25K today. One of my running partners suckered me into running a 10K next Sunday on the 30th. Fortunately I have not run a 10K for over a year so I should have no problem setting a PR.

D said...

Nice!!

:) said...

Way to go! And so soon after Chicago...wow.