Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ohhhhh, my back is killing me with all of this pressure and guilt!!

Okay, I was supposed to go to the track party this morning at 5:30am and I chose not to go. I called RunnerSusan at 5:30 to tell her to relay that I would be sleeping an extra hour and then I'd head off to the trails. I needed to get in 18-20miles today. I figured trails then a dip in the lake~what a morning. Too bad I decided to torture my hotty hubby with a like 2 hour snooze session. I felt really bad for about 30seconds. Hahaha. I did not get up until 8am. What is my major lack of motivation problem. I feel uninspired to run today. Swim?? I am up for it. Ride??? I am up for it. Run??? No way!! Could it be the oppressive heat? Overtraining? Overwhelmed by this weekend and the high mileage? Likely a combo of it all!! I am looking at my calander and am stumped by when I can get this mileage in. Perhaps on Thursday. The only problem....recovery. Thursday to Sunday~would this be enough recovery? It will have to be.
Hey Massoman, I have been thinking about the answer to your question. I think bleachers would be a suitable switch for lunges and squats, the only prob...bleachers are a form of Plyos. Becareful and give yourself time for recovery. Haha, listen to me....do as I say not as I do!!! You may consider cutting back on mileage the day of and after for rest's sake. What a calorie blasting workout!! Following in the footsteps of Fireman Ken huh??? Way to go!! Sorry for being such a slacker!!

Blog on friends!!

5 comments:

D said...

Slacker! just kidding! Sometimes we just need that extra couple hours of SLEEP!

Dubs said...

I think it was the heat - it is crazy hot & sticky!

massoman said...

thanks for the advice on the bleachers.

sleep is a good thing.

E-Speed said...

how many more long runs do you have scheduled? Maybe just back that one off to 15 miles and don't worry about those extra 3-5, that way recovery won't be an issue.

KT said...

How did it go? How did it go? How did it go? Dying for tri news!