Search This Blog

Monday, July 17, 2006

6 days, 5 minutes, and 49 seconds left!!

Alright guys that is all I have left before my very first tri!!! Yippeeeee!!! I am well prepared and so incredibly excited!!! Over the weekend, the Irongirls spent some time getting to know the course. WOW!! Not wow as in it is the most incredible place ever but, wow as in this is really here....I am really going to do this!! I am so fired up!! My family is coming in and my hotty hubby is going to be there!! My workouts this weekend were light. We rode the course and ran the course in Las Colinas on Saturday. I actually hung with the lead group on the cycling portion, right up until I had to make a pit stop. Luckily there was filling station along the course near the end I was able to stop at. I was shocked that I was able to hang with that group!! I think we were averaging 14-16mph. Yes!!!! It is great what a good bike will do for you!! Also, the Irongirls noticed that I got a new bike. That was cool!! They had only seen my old bike once or twice!! I was glowing inside that they noticed!! Anyway the running part was way hot and I was afraid of pushing too hard without anyone there so I walked half the course. I must say, there is not much shade. It will be miserable!! We will make it though and we will do great!! Yesterday, hotty hubby, PM, and I went for a short and easy ride. We pushed the pace a bit and I think it upset hotty hubby. We finished our regular route in a minute quicker than last time. Hotty hubby rides a MTB with big knobbies, so he has a hard time keeping up. We spent time yesterday talking and looking for some different tires for his bike. He will feel better when we get those on. I have to jet off to work, so I will check in with you all later!!
Blog on friends!!

5 comments:

D said...

Wow - I can't wait to read about your results!!

massoman said...

way to go karrie! you rock!

KT said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear about it. Is it sprint, or Olympic?

Dubs said...

So exciting!!! When you get tired and are in a quiet spot where there isn't a crowd... remember all of us are cheering you on & anxious to hear all the results!!

Go get 'em!!

Dubs said...

5 days now... I'm excited for you!