Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here's the news!!

We are Iron Girls!! This is a pic of some of my teammates from my tri group. We had sooooo much fun!! The one on the end did not actually get to complete the tri on account of a cycling accident. We missed her out on the course.
The swim was great. I finished in just over 14 minutes. That was fast for me. It was nice and cool outside on Sunday morning. The water was warm but the air was cold getting out.
Feeling refreshed I transitioned slow, but felt quick (2 minutes) to get on my bike. Unfortunately someone knocked my helmet off my bike and broke the viser. That is why it looks weird. Anyway, I pushed as quickly as I could through the 12.76mile ride. I finished in an unbelievable 43 minutes (something like 17mph). Let me tell you all this, I HAVE NEVER RIDEN THAT FAST, EVER!! I felt great but was getting hot. I had so much fun going that fast. At one point, I was going so fast I was afraid to take my hands off the handle bars.
I walked the first half of the 5K because my legs were noodley. Yes, that is a word~a very scientific word. Hahaha. Anyway, because it was getting warm and I had not practiced enough brick workouts I needed extra time to adapt to the transition. I was so happy to cross that finish line. I felt amazing. I was excited that I had actually completed it. My first tri!! In all I finished in 1:48:49. I was faster than I had predicted. I told my family it would likely take about 2 hours. I really had no idea how long it would take me.
My family had so much fun. Hotty hubby, my mom and dad were all present and accounted for. They said that they could totally tell just how much fun I was having because everytime they saw me I had the biggest smile on my face. They also had a great time. My mom mentioned that the environment of a tri was more relaxed than that of a marathon. We all had a ton of fun. I am definitely addicted!!

Blog on friends!!

9 comments:

walchka said...

Congrats on a great race! It's always great to hear when someone falls victim to the triathlon bug. :)

KT said...

Oh My Gosh! GO YOU, Lance Armstrong!

This seriously lifted my spirits and got me excited for my upcoming tri. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Great Job Karrie! Glad to hear you had a great time.

Dubs said...

Great job!!! I've been itching to know how you did! So proud of you!!

massoman said...

GREAT JOB KARRIE! Our Queen rocks.

Cliff said...

Good job Karrie.

Now u are in tri..u will never look back.

D said...

Congrats Karrie!

E-Speed said...

great job! Glad you had so much fun and that your family enjoyed it as well!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

WAY TO GO!

Hey, I see you're a member of Team Fit2Train. I recently joined too and train with the north team.

Cheers!

Stay tuned...