Search This Blog

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Smart vs. Not so smart

Okay, let's play a game. Smart vs. Not so smart

Having a plan to run 4 miles on Tuesday morning=smart
Waiting to run those miles until 7:00am=not so smart

Putting new music on MP3 player=smart
Forgetting to put new batteries in MP3 player=not so smart

Taking Nikko with me on the run=not so smart
(she got way hot)
Jumping in apartment pool before heading back into apartment=Way Smart!!

We finished a slow 3 miles in 36 minutes and walk/jogged the rest to round out 4.2 miles in 54 minutes. Shameful, but I got it done.

I have spent the afternoon learning how to teach SilverSneakers classes. Pretty fun, except for the part where we had to pretend to be 65 or older. How do you actually do that? My teeth are still intact, my joints still work properly, and I don't require additional oxygen to function properly. Hahahaha!! I should not be so mean. I did learn a lot today.

I think tonight, hotty hubby and I will go for a ride. I will have a hard time convincing him to go too far, due to the fact that he drives the car with no A/C and I think we actually hit 100. If not, we were close and the heat index is there. Hummm. I want to go on vacation. Has anyone been anywhere amazing lately?

Blog on friends!!

3 comments:

Runner Susan said...

how funny you jumped into the apt pool! and very cool. we have to get together after the move. I miss you so much.

Faithful Soles said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I guess we Texans have a running-in-the-heat bond that other people will not understand. I did 7.5 miles tonight and it was still brutal after the sun went down. Stay smart in this heat, which is what you appear to be doing. Look forward to hearing more about your training.

Dubs said...

Hey Lady!! I'm so glad you are back -- you are the one that got me into this blog world! :) I just read all your new posts since March. Good luck on the no meat. I would keep fish in too - I love fish! How have you been feeling - glad you are still looking into the sweating thing.

We can still run a race together - we will just predict a nice relaxed time! :D Glad to hear things are getting under control at the Y!