Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Busy Weekend!!

So far this weekend I feel as though I have been working out all day each day!! I have been attending SilverSneakers Workshops. This is the insurance program that allows seniors to join certain facilities for free and take these aerobics classes. I have taught a couple in the recent past and thought, you know I should really be more trained in this area. So I went. It was basically a 3 day training in chair exercise and water aerobics. It was nothing too strenuous, but it was like attending a 3 hour training where the first hour of every session was a repeat. We learned about how the program got started, why it started, when it got started, what type of seniors to look out for and so on. Of each 3 hour session only the last hour was the juicy stuff. It was a little frustrating. I might have left yesterday, if I had not carpooled with a couple of my employees. That would have looked horrible!! Oh well, I endured.

One thing to note, on Friday we were stuck in traffic on 635 hell, and lucky for the ladies I rode with I am familiar with the area. So we jaunted over towards Coppell. Would you all believe that I actually felt a twinge on homesickness for the area? Strange. It passed as quickly as it came over me, but I was missing my friends and having all these memories of all of the running and riding I had done through the area. I am still working on finding the right riding and running buddies here. It seems that everyone here is so stinking fast!! I can't keep up. I was considering a 5 mile run tonight with the tri group but their easy run is "possibly a sub 10 miler"!! I might could keep up for what a mile?? Hahahaha!!

I rode on Friday again with my friend RW. She is truely the fittest, leanest, and genuinely caring person I have met in FW so far!! We rode 26 miles averaging roughly 14 mph. It was great. Afterwards, I pulled the captain's chairs out of the Jeep and rested a bit before going inside to lead a water aerobics class. I felt great all day!!

Saturday morning started off with 500yd swim with the tri training group. I have officially started training for the Benbrook Women's Tri. It is October 7th. The swim was good. It was consistent. Nice. Today, or should I say tonight hotty hubby and I will ride for 1 hour. It is on the schedule!!

Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of the weekend!! Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to say hi!!

Blog on friends!!

4 comments:

Dubs said...

Nice workout!

Is there a Luke's or Run-On there to find a group run? Maybe something like the Pacers there? Try a group run and there is a good chance you'll meet a person or two you can run with on other days.

Miss ya!

DawnB said...

Thanks for visiting!!! good luck with you Tri training. Yes the second set I wash was only muddy they were way less worn than the ones I'm curently wearing.

Anonymous said...

yay! for another veggie runner/blogger :) some of my friends are tri-athletes, and i'm a bit curious about it. good luck with your training!

Runner Susan said...

awesome job Karrie.

I'm moving this week, but I will call soon and we'll get the pups together for a long walk at the lake!