Search This Blog

Friday, August 03, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot!!

Okay, so maybe it is not as hot as last summer but the Texas humidity is a killer!! I rode with some friends this morning. I believe we rode 21.66miles. I can now say I have some riding buddies. I just hope they can put up with my weirdness!! (you know the whole sweating thing)

I had a great time until 18 or so. I was really hot. My friend Tarp seems to think it must be an electrolyte problem. I am still convinced it is not. I wish it were that easy. I think I might humor him and try the concoction he is suggesting. But, what I guess I don't know is exactly how much electrolytes does one need per hour of exercise? I know there has to be a formula out there somewhere.

This weekend I am resting!! I have taken today off for the most part. I am not sure you really take a day off when you work for the Y. People call for this and that. I can't help but to worry that I might be missing something pretty important.

Hotty hubby and I will likely ride. How far? How long? Hard to say. I know we are having lunch with the in-laws on Saturday. Other than that, who knows. I would like to get a swim and a run in. Not too far for the run though, I think we might hit triple digits this weekend and I don't have my early morning friends here in FW with me. Most of my tri friends are headed to RiverCities in Shreveport, LA (I think).

I have been re-inspired since getting back on the blog. I need to figure out how to give my site a make over. I am not so technologically savy. I must learn!! My profile pic doesn't look too much like me. Haha, still me but just a couple of years old. And a new masthead (is that what it is called?)

The other plan for the weekend is to seriously put together a plan for fall. What tri's and marys or half marys and rally rides I want to do.

So far on the list:
Benbrook Women's Tri (October 7)
FW Turkey Trot (Turkey Day)
White Rock half (?)

Hotty hubby and I have talked about a few rides, but have not fully decided on anything just yet!!

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Runner Susan said...

lets get you a new blog together. I'll help.