Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I love the weekends!!

This weekend hotty hubby and I have just slept and rested!! I think my friend PM thinks I might have fallen off the face of the earth! I need to give her a call. She wanted to ride last weekend, but I was at training all weekend!! It looks like I won't get to go to any rallies until after Labor Day. Not much running around here. I was so busy and consumed with my own thoughts and anxieties that I did not have the energy to get out the door. I did manage to get in a very slow 14 miles in on the bike yesterday and today I am off to the pool to get in some swimming.

By the way, the weather is amazing around here huh??? My fam in OK are all under water. Poor folks, they're stranded at the house with water all around. How did all of that rain miss us? I mean really, that is a lot of rain. We were watching some high water rescues and saw a person fall off of a helicopter. Ouch. I think she just fell about 20 feet or so and into water, but still....yikes!! My prayers go out to them all. I hope they are all okay.

Runner Susan, how is the moving going?? I hope you all are enjoying the nice weather!!

Gotta go swim!!
Blog on friends!!

5 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

A weekend of recovery sounds great. Hope you get a chance to get some running in as time permits.

The flooding is all around us too. Can't believe how saturated the Midwest is suddenly getting.

Dubs said...

Good for you on the sleeping in!

Hope your family is safe - keep us posted!! Between OK and all the flooding in Ohio and surrounding states - it is crazy.

Black Knight said...

At the moment also Italy is under the rain and, what a pity, I cannot enjoy this weather with a healthy run!

Runner Susan said...

i'm going crazy with no internet. the 29th, cross fingers.

the move was exhausting and now I am trying to get everything unpacked.

donkey misses niko!! let's plan something soon.

Dubs said...

Ran with the pacers last week - the loop just wasn't the same without you! Although the loop was NOT the same... I didn't get stoped by the damn tree that always triggered my asthma. Tree 8, Dusty 1

Miss you - hope the past week or so has been going well for you.