Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Too bad I was so relaxed!!

This is because just two measely days later I got laid off. I no longer work full time. Some of you may be confused by this because I work so much. I don't work for a company with a boss that has no idea what human respect is. I will leave it at that. I was totally shocked and upset. It basically went something like this: Boss: I have to let you go. This is a basic lay off type of situation. There was nothing you could have done to prevent it. Me: You're kidding right? Boss: No. I am very sorry.
So I went home and cried my eyes out and bawled into the phone to my hotty hubby and then gathered myself to work at the Y for 4 hours. All done with a big fat fake smile on my face the whole time. I learned the art of fakeness from my mother who performed it perfectly everyday of my life as a child. I suppose when you learn from the best, you become the best. Please don't confuse my sincerity with the fakeness I am describing to you now. I am almost never that way. I despised it as a child and now as an adult. I could not cancel my appointments. I need to keep a regular schedule to keep the finances in line if you all know what I mean.
Sunday I went to the grocery with calculator in hand and strict orders to only get what is on that list. I was quite embarrassed. I am sorry if there are some of you out there. In my part of town, you get stared at if you stand there and calculate how much your groceries will cost. It's not that we have to do this, I am just trying really hard to stay with in the budget. Now that I am not bringing in as much I cannot just spend what ever I want at the store. It is quite humbling. I am looking for another job. Hotty hubby and I have decided that we are ready to move away from here. We don't know when or where we will go, but we are pretty sure we are going to move. So if any of you out there know of some one who is hiring an Exercise Physiologist, please post me a comment!!! I could use all of the help I can get!!

Blog on friends!!

3 comments:

D said...

So sorry. This sucks. It seems that more and more we are all thought of as numbers and not people with bills to pay and lives to lead. How much thought went into the firing I wonder? Probably not much. Sad.

Dubs said...

Oh gosh, good luck to you. That really sucks. There are ways to lay people off/downsize, and it sounds like he/she missed the boat.

You would be surprised about the stores around here. When we first moved here, I was 23 and took a job as a manager at a grocery store. I had to approve torn food stamps of a woman who was snobish in my husband's restaurant. Calculator in hand -- others will envy the fact that you don't care what others think. :)

I've lost touch with my athletic training friends/co-workers or they have changed careers, as did I. Wish I still had their numbers.. they were in Arizona tho.

Good luck & keep me posted if I can help.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the job situation. Being fired from a job myself, almost 10 years ago out of the blue, I can understand how you feel. However, it changed my life for the better and I will pray that something great comes out of this for you.

Hang in there and in the meantime leave the calculator at home and work on your mental math skills.