Search This Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Things are looking up!!

I have not had too many hits on the ol' resume, but then I have only sent out about 15. Runner Susan tells me it takes 20 to get 1 hit. I suppose I will keep trying. In the meantime I have been doing some stellar running!!! The weather, with exception to this morning, has been amazing. I think the cooler weather and decrease in stress with my other old job, I've been motivated to get some really great running in. Tuesday I ran with Massoman, and Runner Susan. We went out for about 4miles. RunnerSusan took her first tumble but saved the tights. I finished in 45:12. I will say I did not stop the clock when she fell, so I could shave a few minutes off. I don't know how much though. Today I met the crew again, minus Massoman (he went way earlier!!) and ran 3 miles. We ran easy this morning. It was humid. Like 81%humidity today!! This morning at 5:30 it was already 67 degrees. Tuesday was 50 degrees and 30% humidity. This folks is why I want to move away from Texas. I want cool/cold weather!! I don't want to be hot anymore. That gets very old. Keeping my chin up!!
Blog on friends!!

2 comments:

Dubs said...

I posted my resume on monster.com and a headhunter in New York called me - that is how I got this job 6 years ago. Exposure, exposure, exposure! Good luck!

Sad that you would move - but I'm not a real Texas fan, but I have made some good friends. I like Arizona weather - you can have the cold! burrrrr! I need a cabin in MA and a mini-resort home in AZ - well, sounds like I need to win the lottery!

Cliff said...

I got a tip that u might get more ppl look at your resume on workopolis.com

I found this by accident.

U notice on your resume, it has a date of when is the last time u updated. What i do is that i go to my resume, update it every other day and the number of head hunter look at my resume sky rocketed.

Give that a shout. I don't have too much good experience iwht head hunters but hey..at least that's one chance closer to finding a job :)