Search This Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Last minute registries are not all bad!!

I decided late to do the Benbrook Women's Sprint Tri yesterday. I kept flopping back and forth on whether to do it or not. I did and it was fun!! I arrived early~around 5:40 to tranisition. I went by myself, so there was no stress!!. I got set up and noticed that there were only 3 bikes on my rack. I had all of this room. It was great. I sat and set up and then walked around to see if I knew anyone. I had heard rumors about some Fit2trainers going. I found 2, former Irongirls. It was great to see them. The weather was perfect. Cold at the start and fabulous by the end. I think it was only 70 degrees when I finished at 10am. It was a 300m pool swim so I knew I'd be comfortable. After that was a 13.8 mile bike ride. A 5K run followed the ride. I felt good the whole time. Exept my legs were noodley at the dismount line and I fell. Oops. Not a crash, just a tumble. Hahaha. Here is the break down with comparisons from Irongirl in July.
Swim 300m~6:36 (2:12 pace)
Swim July 500m OW~14:18 (2:52pace)
T1~2:05 (I thought I was quicker)
T1 July~2:34
Bike 13.8miles~47:30 (17.4mph)
Bike 20K July~43:28 (17.1mph)
T2~1:17
T2 July~2:44
Run 5K~39:48 (12:45's)
Run 5K July~45:31 (14:35's)

Overall time: 1:37:17
Overall time July:1:48:50

Progress feels so good!! I did not have any dizziness, numbness, or otherwise weird Horner's syndrome stuff. Yay!! Cooler weather does a body good!!

Blog on friends!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!

D said...

Impressive shaving off all that time - you go!

massoman said...

those are impressive stats.

Dubs said...

Congratulations!! Woo hoo!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great job!

G.P. said...

Greetings from Montana, where my first tri was an impromptu one in NY. I know that feeling "should I, shouldnt I", but from your Biblical reference on your profile, sounds like a case of Proverbs 3:5-6

Now that we run (and run!) a bed and breakfast my triathlon usually consists of a daily trail run, run after guests :) and of course riding my endurance horse. Tevis here we come

Way to go on the time!

Anonymous said...

Nice job!