Search This Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Good Morning!!

Hello all! I am proud to report is has cooled off a bit!! Yay!! I am feeling better. I don't know what is wrong with me. I should just relax and enjoy running for running's sake. I should shift my focus away from times and more on the joy I get from running. I can do it. Let's see. Thursday's run was better. I think I have reported on it already. Yesterday I was inspired to do some interval training. I ran 1 mile (12:00) took a rest and ran another (11:45). I went to do some weights (seated ball chest press on cables and standing reverse grip rows) then back to do another mile (11:00). I took a short pit stop and ran one more (10:45). It was nice. I then trained a client and went to a different location and swam 2 x 500 (11:36~I think I counted wrong, and 12:58~see, what's the difference? I swam harder on the 2nd one???). I felt great!! This morning I met a small walking group for a quick walking jaunt to the park and back. It was a cool 59 degrees outside. That is like 20 degrees cooler than my run on Tuesday morning. Fantastic!! After the walk I loaded up the bike and went for a casual 18 mile bike ride. No pushing it, no high heart rates, no timing. Nice. I am now headed off to the other side of FW to register for my 2nd Triathlon. I have to call Runner Susan and tell her I can't run the 10 miles on the schedule. My goal was to get in 2 tri's before the end of the season. And here it is. Besides, for me right now at this moment the tri sounds like more fun than the 10 miles. I could still get that in....just after the tri. I am addicted to the multi sport training. It is fun. Well, I must get to FW and back before the big game comes on at 2:30!! GO SOONERS!!!

Boomer Sooner ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Dubs said...

Glad to hear you are doing well! Have you ever tried not wearing a watch when you run? Hey, speaking of which - we had talked about the pacers prediction run. I think that is on Tuesday. Let me know if you want to. If not no problem -- we can go another time.

Hope you are doing well. Enjoyed running with you last year!