Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Great morning for a run!

This morning I met the gang for our Tuesday run. Instead of track work we all made attempts to run negative splits for 6 miles. The temp was around 55 degrees and no wind. It was beautiful. I however in not in that great of shape, yet. I had to stop at 5. Actually, I ran hard for 2 miles, slacked off for 2 and ran pretty well for the last 1. I felt like I was running on jelloey stilts. My legs were tired. I have not built up the muscular endurance I need to be running that style and distance. I will have to work on that. I felt good, great really. Yesterday I rode to work. I rode really well on the way there, but PR'd on the way back (19.2mph). I have not ever ridden that fast before, unless I was going down hill. It felt great. I am paying for it today. My legs are sore and I am tired. Hohum. I am going to enjoy the rest of the day!!
Blog on friends!!

4 comments:

Dubs said...

Aren't the temps great?! Good job on your PR!

D said...

55 degrees and no winds...sweet!

CJ said...

Today my legs are sore and I am tired too! That's as a result of a hill run I did yesterday as part of my next challenge - to run Six Foot Track next March (its in the Blue Mountains, just to give you an idea of the type of terrain!).

massoman said...

that was a fine day to run. what's up for this week?