Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Yes, I am still alive

This morning we all met to run at least 5 miles maybe 6. Once we got started we quickly realized that the gail force head wind was going to be a tough battle to fight. Susan decided to turn around early. I figured since I got my lazy butt out of bed and drove 20 minutes to run, well I was going to run. Richard and I made it to the 5 mile turn around and I gave up. I went out to run 6 and turned to run 5. Oh well. I ran further than usual (I did not quit until mile 4). I only walked about a quarter mile and then took off from there. By then I was totally whipped. I haven't finished a run like that in a long time. I felt like I had a total body high intensity workout. My legs, abs, core, and upper body was sort of quivery. Weird. I was, uh am, exhausted. I finished in 53:23. Not bad for a gail force wind!!!! Richard, I hear did 7!! Wow!! Great job! You rock!! I intend on getting a bit further on Friday, or maybe tomorrow morning. Not sure yet!! We will see how tired I am and if there is a strong head wind!!
Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

BuckeyeRunner said...

Nice job on the run in gail force conditions!