Search This Blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's official!!

I am now employed by the Benbrook Community Center/YMCA. I am now the Health and Wellness Director. It sounds official too. Ha!! How ironic is it that I competed in the Benbrook Women's Tri just before being laid off and now here I am, one of the Directors. I am met with mixed emotion though. I really wanted to move away from Texas and the blazing heat, but to no avail. I am excited about living in my favorite spot in the metroplex. It sort of feels like I am moving home, only it is not home. Strange. I have taken a couple of days off and just done nothing...well, I have packed, packed, and packed. Geez, I have a lot of crap!! I have taken some time to read, reflect and oh yeah, packed. Nikko is confused, but she will figure it out. She will be so happy on the trails. Hotty hubby and I have rolled over 100 miles since Saturday. On New Year's Day we and another one of my friends rode in a 28 miler out in Blue Ridge. A tiny town north of here with a few other people. I surprised myself at one point riding 16.5mph into the wind with a group. We all finished and celebrated by having some black eyed peas and cornbread. Yummy!! I intend on writing more regularly now, since I won't be 15 minutes away from my dearest friends. I miss you all already!! I haven't even moved yet. That is a story for next week!!

Blog on friends!!

4 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Congrats and good luck with the job! Good for you!

D said...

Congrats, good luck, and Happy New Year!

Dubs said...

Congratulations!!! Where are you moving too? Did you say you'll still be in the metroplex? Maybe we could meet for a run sometime when you're up to it. :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear about the new job. Good luck with the move.