Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Indoor Cycling

I have a new passion. Well, maybe it is not a new passion, but one that has really developed into something wonderful. I think if I taught more often I would totally get burned out, but I only teach once a week; usually. There is something about turning the lights off, the music up, and working really hard that just ignites my motivation. I lose whatever stress I have in 45 minutes. It is crazy. I guess it is not that strange. I notice that I have a pattern. I remember running with Runner Susan and Massoman through our usual running spot, way back when, and my favorite part was the darkest part. I remember feeling the same way. Getting lost in the moment and just going with it. When I get lost like that I can work harder. I seem to forget any pre conceived notions about myself, what I look like, what I have to get done, whether or not the child watch staff is going to come find me because the little guy is tired and hungry....it all just disappears. I love it and I need it every week.
I have noticed that there is a group of members that started taking my classes right around the time I inherited it. They were like me, a little out of shape, looking for something, and a little bored. Well, we have a 3 hour time limit to let people sign up for classes because we only have 10 bikes. My class is at 5pm, so people can call and reserve a bike at 2pm. At 2:07 I had 3 people on the waiting list. Other classes are not filling this fast or not at all. They love me as much as I love them!! Yay!! It has gotten to the point where I will need to discuss the need for more bikes. I probably won't get them, but I will ask anyway. Right, back on track...the members who started with me in August. We have slowly worked our selves into a frenzy. It is not considered a great class unless we are all exhausted and sopping wet from sweat. I had such a great time. I am looking forward to it next week.
Tomorrow the fam and I are all walking to the Turkey Trot in FW. We will push the little guy and take the pooch along for fun. In all, I suspect we will walk about 6 miles. That is a nice appetizer before we all stuff ourselves with some really good food.
Blog on friends!!
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: