Search This Blog

Friday, April 07, 2006

Yay!! I am back!! Sort of...

Well I am feeling no need to limp around anymore. I am still aware of my left foot (plantar faciatis=PF), but I am not really protecting it anymore. I have been not really resting. I switched to cycling for a bit and believe it or not I like it. If it weren't for the crappy traffic around here I'd ride more often. I have done tons of cardio work, lifted a bit and tons of walking. I have a friend who is training for the 3 day Breast Cancer walk. We have been walking during the week when we can!! I couldn't be more excited for her!! Way to go J!!! I have dabbled with running a mile or two on the dreadmill with no major effect on the foot. I also for the first time in weeks on Wednesday played a bit of volleyball. I was cautious when I jumped and only felt my foot hurt once or twice. I listened and quit jumping. My weight has maintained and I am about ready to start running again. I want to ease back into it slowly and intelligently. I will do it. I have less than 3 weeks of volleyball left. Could it come any sooner?? Anyone out there know how to speed time up??? Only my dear friend Richard has figured me out on this one, I think. I seem totally run down and beat up by all of this maddness but in my own little reality I can't get enough of it. I start EVERY club season fired up and then by the end I am counting down the days until it is over!! Coaching is one of those things that I can't really imagine my life without, but at the very same time I question whether I am cut out for it. It is the strangest love hate relationship I have ever had!! Heehee!! Maybe that is why I am totally passionate about it.
Onward:
J this is for you!!
I loved this snack back when I could eat wheat:
Whole wheat pita pockets
splenda, cinnamon and spray butter
Cut up the pitas like a pizza and pull the pockets apart so they look like tortilla chips
spray the butter on them sprinkle with splena and cinnamon and bake until crispy
I think the serving size is like 4-6 triangles
This makes a great substitution for Cinnamon Chips from Taco Bueno.
Also, the spin class is at 1:30 and Barb is the instructor. I think you should try it anyway despite what I said earlier!! Go for it girl you will love it!!
Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's nice to have you back. I hope you can get back to pain free running. Good luck with the rest of volleyball season.