Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Slow running days are here again!!

The humidity is relentless around here. I was getting prepared for the heat, but totally forgot about the humidity!! That will wipe me out faster than the heat I think. I am struggling a bit with deciding what direction to go in now that I have found out about the permanent damage to my body. Those damn parasites!! The mycoplasma has done permanent damage. I will not ever be able to workout in the heat again. That leaves me sort of lost. I have always been an edurance junkie and I love to run and ride outside and what a perfect time to go, except the whole sweating thing. Poor pitiful me...blah blah blah....

Moving on. I did try to run today. I was a little late, but I did it. I ran 2 miles in 28:40, and walked the last 2 because I was burning up. I finished walking and completed my low effort workout in 1:15:30. I did stop to give Nikko and myself a big drink of water. I am just not sure what to do. Run anyway and give up on getting anything productive done during the warmer months? Run on the dreadmill? Transform into the ultimate group ex junkie? Advice? Hotty hubby thinks we ought to design some sort of jersey/shirt that has freezer pack pockets in it, so I can run with ice bags...he has lost his mind. I will just keep plodding along, literally!!

Run on friends!!

No comments: