Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I love hills!!

Yesterday I ran 5 of the hardest miles ever!! It was a running day so I hit a stopping point for the day at work and just took off. I was planning on running at least 6 possibly 7. I settled for 5. It is basically all up hill. Okay, so there were some down hills, but mostly ups!! Yikes!! It is a route that my friend Superman and I have contemplating. He has since broken his foot in Boot camp. Hopefully he will be ready to run soon!! I do so much better with a partner. Hotty Hubby has decided that running just looks to painful to participate. Bummer. Here's the coolest thing about this route...my sitter's house is at the top of the hill!! I can run to visit my J man. They were loading up to go swim practice and he was not happy, so I just turned around and began my trek downhill and back to the Y. It was sooooooo hard. My friend and sitter came in to the Y and announced to everyone that I was running back from her house. The hills are that big!! They all were cheering for me when I can staggering back in the front doors!! Superman was thoroughly disappointed that I had gone without him. I told him I would do it again. Hotty Hubby now thinks I can climb Mt. Michelle on my bike pulling the J man. I think he has lost his mind.

I started to get a little frustrated that I was so slow, but before I could finish the thought, I put it away. I am slow and I need to deal with that. It is getting to be summer time and I only sweat on one side of my body. I need to deal with that. I would like to just put that out of my mind and be happy that I ran 2.5 miles UP HILL!! I did something that most people are not even willing to think about trying. I am proud of that. I see the beauty in that. I am strong and powerful!! I am capable of running tough terrain in the heat and humidity, so I am going to deal with the rest of the stuff that just seems to get in the way. Worrying and getting angry at the fact that I can't sweat on one side is not going to make sweat magically appear.

So here is my plan...go on with life as planned, but just at a slower pace. I can work with that, because I know that when it cools off in late October, I will be in better shape than if I were to give up running all together. I will keep putting on my shoes and lube up just like I do during the winter. I will just have to go earlier and slower to beat the heat. I can have a longer look at the beauty that surounds me. Besides, Superman will not wait for me all summer and if I want to conquer some longer distances this fall, I can't afford to not run. So I will run now in preparation for what is to come. I will run to conquer what I believe to be a real physical limitation. I will move on. I will let it go, and get on with my journey. The finish line is always sweeter when you have to work really hard to get there.

Blog on friends!!

No comments: